When I got out of massage therapy school, I was not sure of exactly what I wanted to do with my new skills. I was still working at my primary job and had very few clients. Yet I knew that I would want my own office.
Since I was going through a life challenge, I did not have the financial resources to get my own office or split an office. So I opted to do a mobile massage. So here's a few things I did to create my business.
1) The massage therapy school I graduated from is always busy 7 days a week, so I remained there to hone my skills, gain confidence and maintain a steady stream of income for seed money.
2) Gained knowledge by seeking advice from the more experienced therapists.
3) Signed up to do chair or table events at various expos and sporting events - some events pay and some did not directly (some people became my clients).
4) Kept a calendar handy at all times - now the smartphone to set appointments.
5) Dressed professional at all functions - polo shirt and slacks. If your event is on the beach then a polo shirt and walking shorts.
6) Be mindful of income and expenses - this way you know if you are making enough income to afford an office.
These are just a few tips. Keep an eye out for some up coming online courses to show you exactly how to do a start up.